Cyber Florida to Host Free CMMC Webinar
If you’re a small to mid-sized defense contractor and you feel a bit overwhelmed by the new CMMC framework, you’re not alone. Several defense contractors have reached out to share their concerns about understanding and complying with the Department of Defense’s new Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) framework. In response to this need, Cyber Florida invites small and mid-sized defense contractors to join us for a free webinar that will have you feeling more confident and ready to start down the path to certification.
Part 1 features an in-depth discussion with Ty Schieber, Board Chairman for the DoD’s CMMC program and senior director of executive education at the University of Virginia Darden School Foundation, about the model, DoD expectations, and common challenges to implementation.
Part 2 features CMMC expert Terry Roberts, Founder & CEO of Whitehawk, moderating a panel of experts from industry, academia, and government who will discuss practical steps and guidance for starting down the path of CMMC implementation.
- Cyber Florida Executive Director Mike McConnell, former director of US National Intelligence and the National Security Agency
- Department of Defence CMMC Board Chair Ty Schieber
- Dr. Ron Sanders, Cyber Florida Staff Director
- Terry Roberts, Founder & CEO of Whitehawk
- Dan Holland, CEO of Arete Solutions and AFCEA Tampa/St. Pete Cyber Chair
- Guy Garrett, Assistant Director of the University of West Florida Center for Cybersecurity