Cyber Florida is enabling support mechanisms to fuel cutting-edge and impactful research broadly themed around cybersecurity and related areas at SUS institutions. We are particularly interested in enabling the submission of (successful) proposals from SUS institutions that are (a) collaborative and large-scale (> $2M Total) and (b) CAREER and YIP proposals from junior faculty.
Interested investigators are requested to contact Dr. Sriram Chellappan, Academic Director of Cybersecurity Research at Cyber Florida, to discuss steps for support via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. While support is flexible and contingent on proposal needs, broad areas of identified support include
- funding grant writers to work on proposal preparation;
- funding to get proposals peer-reviewed by established experts in the field;
- travel support for face-to-face meetings toward team build-up and project planning;
- travel support to visit federal funding agencies and program managers; and
- hiring external mentors to work with junior faculty for CAREER and YIP proposal development.
Other forms of support will also be considered based on proposal needs.
At Cyber Florida, we are working to make Florida the premier state for academic research in cybersecurity and related areas. Let us work together!
Dr. Sriram Chellappan
Academic Director of Cybersecurity Research
Cyber Florida: The Florida Center for Cybersecurity